This is one of the most known fairy tales by Pavel Bazhov, who based his tales on miners’ stories from the Ural Mountains, Russia.
The most famous character of these stories is a beautiful woman – the Mistress of Copper Mountain.
She is a protector of gems in the Ural Mountains, who capriciously bestows the opportunity to find such treasures only on those miners who please her.
The Mistress of Copper Mountain had the ability to transform into a small lizard with a tiny crown on its head.
Some glass decorations from that wonderful fairy tale are on the pictures below.
- Mistress of Copper Mountain. 102mm. (1950s)
2. Mistress of Copper Mountain. 102mm. (1959-60s)
3. Stonecutter, Master Daniel. 102mm. (1950s)
4. Disk with an Embossed Lizard. 83mm.(1960s)
5. Stone Flower. 58mm. (1960s)
6. Stone Flower. 58mm. (1950-60s)
7. Stone Flower. 83mm. (1960s)