Fox Patrikeevna or Kuma Fox is a character of many Russian and Ukrainian folk tales. For example: “Fox and Wolf”, “Fox and Hare”, “Man and Fox”, Cat, Rooster and Fox”.
The fox is always a sly, artful personage in all those folk tales.
One legend says this name Patrikeevna was patronymic of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Patrickeyev, known for his cunning and insinuation.
Here are some ornaments from different folk tales in which the sly fox is.
- Fox Patrikeevna with a stolen rooster. 90mm. (1960s)
2. Kuma Fox with a Russian Balalaika. 85mm. (1970s)
3. Wolf of a folk tale “Fox and Wolf”. 90mm. (1950-60s)
4. Old coachman of a folk tale “Man and Fox”. 90mm. (1950-60s)
5. Peasant old woman with an oven fork of a folk tale “Man and Fox”. 90mm. (1950-60s)