An owl is a symbol of wisdom from ancient times.
Owls are often personages of folk-luring in different countries.
After all, there is something mysterious in these night-active birds.
A lot of Christmas ornaments are dedicated to owls.
Owls were associated with the good and bad of the night forest in old Russia.
Owl ornaments are displayed on a Christmas tree in reverence for wise solutions of all problems in the New Year.
There are just some of them below.
- White owl. 55mm. (1950s)
2. Orange owl. 55mm. (1950-60s)
3. Red back owl. 70mm. (1960-70s)
4. Silver owl. 70mm. (1960-70s)
5. Orange owl. 70mm. (1950-60s)
6. Grey spotted owl. 60mm. (1950-60s)
7. Silver-violet owl. 75mm. (1960s)
8. Amber owl. 75mm. (1960s)
9. Grey owl. 75mm. (1950-60s)
10. Yellow-white owl. 70mm. (1960s)
11. Old grey owl. 85mm. (1950s)
12. Three-colored owl. 85mm. (1960-70s)
13. Old owl. 85mm. (1950s)
14. Owlet. 60mm. (1960-70s)
15. Old silver owl. 80mm. (1950-60s)
16. Silver owl. 85mm. (1960s)
17. Owl with green wings. 85mm. (1950-60s)
18. Owl with red wings. 85mm. (1960-70s)
19. Green eyes’ owl. 70mm. (1950-60s)
20. Red owl. 70mm. (1960-70s)
21. Golden back owl. 85mm. (1960-70s)
22. Golden back owl. 85mm. (1960-70s)
23. Large owl. 105mm. (1950-60s)
24. Large owl. 105mm. (1960s). This ornament was also produced in a smaller 70mm version in the 1960s.
25. Red owl. 70mm. (1970s)
26. Golden owl. 70mm. (1970s)
27. Green owl. 75mm. (1970-80s)
28. Red owl. 75mm. (1970-80s)
29. Clear glass red owl. 80mm. (1980s)
30. Clear glass deep-purple owl. 80mm. (1980s)
31. Little owlets. 60mm. (1980s)
32. Little owlet. 50mm. (1970-80s)
33. Brown owl. 65mm. (1970-80s)
34. Owl head. 50mm. (1970-80s)
35. Owl head. 45mm. (1970-80s)
36. Huge owl head. 130mm. (1970-80s)
37. Owl Bumba with a Bottle of Iodine. 83mm. (1950-60s)